Ever find yourself carrying so much cash that a garden variety wallet or money clip just won’t do the trick? That’s a problem that, sadly, I have no experience with, but those who do often find themselves encumbered with excess Benjamins may be interested in the novel solution Cam’ron & Vado propose on their latest collaborative street single, Rubberband Stacks. Well, OK, calling the concept “novel” might be a stretch (pun intended), but the execution is undeniably unique, thanks in large part to the currently-unknown producer’s gritty mix of aggressive percussion and vocal samples (complete with a love-it-or-hate-it helium-voiced hook). On the lyrical tip, the headliners stunt their way through bars just as hard-nosed as you’d expect, and Busta Rhymes pulls through with a speedy closing verse sure to catch the attention of anyone who’s been sleeping. Will this single meet a warmer Booth reception than the collaborators’ similarly street-centric It’s Your Party? That, of course, is for you to determine. If you’re digging it, though, you’ll be able to find more from Killa Cam and his Harlem neighbor on Gunz N’ Butta, set to drop Aug 24, via E1.
Written by richard on 06/24/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.