Ever find yourself carrying so much cash that a garden variety wallet or money clip just won’t do the trick? That’s a problem that, sadly, I have no experience with, but those who do often find themselves encumbered with excess Benjamins may be interested in the novel solution Cam’ron & Vado propose on their latest collaborative street single, Rubberband Stacks. Well, OK, calling the concept “novel” might be a stretch (pun intended), but the execution is undeniably unique, thanks in large part to the currently-unknown producer’s gritty mix of aggressive percussion and vocal samples (complete with a love-it-or-hate-it helium-voiced hook). On the lyrical tip, the headliners stunt their way through bars just as hard-nosed as you’d expect, and Busta Rhymes pulls through with a speedy closing verse sure to catch the attention of anyone who’s been sleeping. Will this single meet a warmer Booth reception than the collaborators’ similarly street-centric It’s Your Party? That, of course, is for you to determine. If you’re digging it, though, you’ll be able to find more from Killa Cam and his Harlem neighbor on Gunz N’ Butta, set to drop Aug 24, via E1.
Written by richard on 06/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.