Perhaps no rap group’s status has been more ambiguous than that of the Diplomats: Jim Jones signed with Columbia (and formed his own Byrdgang group), Juelz Santana recently had his contract bought by Def Jam (and formed his own Skull Gang group), Freeky Zeeky signed with Big Cat, and Hell Rell signed with Babygrande. So, where does that leave their old top tomato, Cam’ron? He’s signed to Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records for the release of his fifth album, Crime Pays. Evidently, not much has changed during Killa Cam’s long absence; on Still The Reason, his typical rhyme scheme remains intact (crazy line of the day: “Get your trench coat/I’m treacherous.”) Complete with epic-sounding brass percussion, Still The Reason is the kind of track that casual listeners will hate, but longtime Cam fans will love.
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.