Perhaps no rap group’s status has been more ambiguous than that of the Diplomats: Jim Jones signed with Columbia (and formed his own Byrdgang group), Juelz Santana recently had his contract bought by Def Jam (and formed his own Skull Gang group), Freeky Zeeky signed with Big Cat, and Hell Rell signed with Babygrande. So, where does that leave their old top tomato, Cam’ron? He’s signed to Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records for the release of his fifth album, Crime Pays. Evidently, not much has changed during Killa Cam’s long absence; on Still The Reason, his typical rhyme scheme remains intact (crazy line of the day: “Get your trench coat/I’m treacherous.”) Complete with epic-sounding brass percussion, Still The Reason is the kind of track that casual listeners will hate, but longtime Cam fans will love.
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.