Perhaps no rap group’s status has been more ambiguous than that of the Diplomats: Jim Jones signed with Columbia (and formed his own Byrdgang group), Juelz Santana recently had his contract bought by Def Jam (and formed his own Skull Gang group), Freeky Zeeky signed with Big Cat, and Hell Rell signed with Babygrande. So, where does that leave their old top tomato, Cam’ron? He’s signed to Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records for the release of his fifth album, Crime Pays. Evidently, not much has changed during Killa Cam’s long absence; on Still The Reason, his typical rhyme scheme remains intact (crazy line of the day: “Get your trench coat/I’m treacherous.”) Complete with epic-sounding brass percussion, Still The Reason is the kind of track that casual listeners will hate, but longtime Cam fans will love.
Listen to More: Cam'ron Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.