Perhaps no rap group’s status has been more ambiguous than that of the Diplomats: Jim Jones signed with Columbia (and formed his own Byrdgang group), Juelz Santana recently had his contract bought by Def Jam (and formed his own Skull Gang group), Freeky Zeeky signed with Big Cat, and Hell Rell signed with Babygrande. So, where does that leave their old top tomato, Cam’ron? He’s signed to Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records for the release of his fifth album, Crime Pays. Evidently, not much has changed during Killa Cam’s long absence; on Still The Reason, his typical rhyme scheme remains intact (crazy line of the day: “Get your trench coat/I’m treacherous.”) Complete with epic-sounding brass percussion, Still The Reason is the kind of track that casual listeners will hate, but longtime Cam fans will love.
Listen to More: Cam'ron
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.