As N*E*R*D laid out in Lapdance, rappers are very similar to politicians when it comes to their pursuit of the top spot. When a politician has a good run one week, they follow up by swiftly attacking their opponents the next week. Similarly, when a rapper gets his name all over the ‘net one day, they follow up shortly with a new release. Well, enter Harlem emcee Cam’ron. After recently being featured on Mac Miller’s Dig That, Cam hits us up with a new promo single to keep his name popping up on your iPod and at the top of Google searches. Featuring songstress Yummy (Bingham) and produced by newcomer Kuya, So Bad is a cheery and head-nodding track over where Killa Cam reminisces on past relationships gone awry, only to realize it was destined to fail from the beginning. So while we’re tired of seeing politicians every time we
pick up a newspaper
pull up the news on our computers, I have a feeling seeing Cam’ron more often on The DJBooth’s pages will be well received.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.