Though Cam’ron‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z” won’t hit our front page till Thursday, I had the privilege of hearing it early (fun fact: I’ve been transcribing DJBooth interviews since May of ‘07) and one of the subjects covered is the hospitality the Harlem emcee enjoyed during his time in the Midwest. These experiences were the inspiration for new street single I Used to Get It In Ohio, which finds him showing love to America’s underrated “Fourth Coast,” as well as telling off all the snitches and haters who would stand in his way, over an aggressive piano-and-synth instrumental by AraabMUZIK (who readers may remember from his work on several recently-featured Starrs & Murph cuts). Set for inclusion on the May 5th release of Cam’s sixth studio album, Crime Pays, I Used to Get It In Ohio is sure to receive heavy rotation in the Midwestern streets and beyond.
Written by richard on 02/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.