Though Cam’ron‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z” won’t hit our front page till Thursday, I had the privilege of hearing it early (fun fact: I’ve been transcribing DJBooth interviews since May of ‘07) and one of the subjects covered is the hospitality the Harlem emcee enjoyed during his time in the Midwest. These experiences were the inspiration for new street single I Used to Get It In Ohio, which finds him showing love to America’s underrated “Fourth Coast,” as well as telling off all the snitches and haters who would stand in his way, over an aggressive piano-and-synth instrumental by AraabMUZIK (who readers may remember from his work on several recently-featured Starrs & Murph cuts). Set for inclusion on the May 5th release of Cam’s sixth studio album, Crime Pays, I Used to Get It In Ohio is sure to receive heavy rotation in the Midwestern streets and beyond.
Listen to More: Cam'ron
Written by richard on 02/24/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.