Though Cam’ron‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z” won’t hit our front page till Thursday, I had the privilege of hearing it early (fun fact: I’ve been transcribing DJBooth interviews since May of ‘07) and one of the subjects covered is the hospitality the Harlem emcee enjoyed during his time in the Midwest. These experiences were the inspiration for new street single I Used to Get It In Ohio, which finds him showing love to America’s underrated “Fourth Coast,” as well as telling off all the snitches and haters who would stand in his way, over an aggressive piano-and-synth instrumental by AraabMUZIK (who readers may remember from his work on several recently-featured Starrs & Murph cuts). Set for inclusion on the May 5th release of Cam’s sixth studio album, Crime Pays, I Used to Get It In Ohio is sure to receive heavy rotation in the Midwestern streets and beyond.
Listen to More: Cam'ron
Written by richard on 02/24/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.