Though Cam’ron‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z” won’t hit our front page till Thursday, I had the privilege of hearing it early (fun fact: I’ve been transcribing DJBooth interviews since May of ‘07) and one of the subjects covered is the hospitality the Harlem emcee enjoyed during his time in the Midwest. These experiences were the inspiration for new street single I Used to Get It In Ohio, which finds him showing love to America’s underrated “Fourth Coast,” as well as telling off all the snitches and haters who would stand in his way, over an aggressive piano-and-synth instrumental by AraabMUZIK (who readers may remember from his work on several recently-featured Starrs & Murph cuts). Set for inclusion on the May 5th release of Cam’s sixth studio album, Crime Pays, I Used to Get It In Ohio is sure to receive heavy rotation in the Midwestern streets and beyond.
Listen to More: Cam'ron
Written by richard on 02/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.