Though Cam’ron‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z” won’t hit our front page till Thursday, I had the privilege of hearing it early (fun fact: I’ve been transcribing DJBooth interviews since May of ‘07) and one of the subjects covered is the hospitality the Harlem emcee enjoyed during his time in the Midwest. These experiences were the inspiration for new street single I Used to Get It In Ohio, which finds him showing love to America’s underrated “Fourth Coast,” as well as telling off all the snitches and haters who would stand in his way, over an aggressive piano-and-synth instrumental by AraabMUZIK (who readers may remember from his work on several recently-featured Starrs & Murph cuts). Set for inclusion on the May 5th release of Cam’s sixth studio album, Crime Pays, I Used to Get It In Ohio is sure to receive heavy rotation in the Midwestern streets and beyond.
Listen to More: Cam'ron Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.