On his last feature, late February’s So Bad, Cam’ron looked back on a relationship that, despite his best efforts, was destined for failure. If there’s anything that can sweeten a nasty breakup (even while potentially making it more painful), it’s hearing the ex who once said “F*** You” change their tune and want to, well, F*** You once again. This freshly-minted single selection finds the Dipset affiliate in just such a situation. Over Dollabillkidz’ chopped-soul-sample production, Cam describes how a relationship that seemed to be leading right up to the altar came to an abrupt end when the Dipset affiliate realized the woman in question didn’t fully appreciate the importance of his hustle. She was, predictably, steamed at his sudden change of heart. Fast-forward a few months, though, and all it takes is a text to bring her back to his place for another round. Will’s Cam’s latest twist on the breakup theme earn him a better Booth reception than his lukewarm-ly reviewed previous feature? That, my friends, is for you to decide. If you’re feeling it, you can cop the record now on iTunes—or sit tight and wait for the yet-unscheduled arrival of Killa Cam: The Gangster Side.
Listen to More: Cam'ron
Written by richard on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ching, Cha, Ching ft. Hell Rell" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.