Megan Good is a work of art. No, I am not talking about the actress, although she just might be one too (did you see that BET Awards dress?!); the Megan Good I am referring to is the latest feature from Camp Lo and Pete Rock. While they might be veterans, Sonny, Geechi and Rock still have what it takes to make a dope cut. CL Smooth’s former sidekick sets the mood, crafting a funky instrumental driven by a staggered bassline. While you might think a beat this quirky would be difficult to rhyme over, Camp Lo’s years of experience have evidently served them well, as they sound utterly natural here. Adding some new school flavor is Mac Miller, who delivers a raunchy, left-of-center guest verse. Megan Good is set to appear on Camp Lo and Pete Rock’s forthcoming collaborative album, 80 Blocks From Tiffany’s Pt. II, due out late this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.