Megan Good is a work of art. No, I am not talking about the actress, although she just might be one too (did you see that BET Awards dress?!); the Megan Good I am referring to is the latest feature from Camp Lo and Pete Rock. While they might be veterans, Sonny, Geechi and Rock still have what it takes to make a dope cut. CL Smooth’s former sidekick sets the mood, crafting a funky instrumental driven by a staggered bassline. While you might think a beat this quirky would be difficult to rhyme over, Camp Lo’s years of experience have evidently served them well, as they sound utterly natural here. Adding some new school flavor is Mac Miller, who delivers a raunchy, left-of-center guest verse. Megan Good is set to appear on Camp Lo and Pete Rock’s forthcoming collaborative album, 80 Blocks From Tiffany’s Pt. II, due out late this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.