Camp Lo is back with a new name and record label. Signed to SRC Records via Universal Motown, Sonny Cheeba and Gucci Suede now go by the alias The Lo and are set to release their fourth album (the third to be named after a Bill Cosby/Sidney Poitier film pairing), A Piece of the Action. Their new buzz single, On Smash, places the duo alongside two of NYC’s most critically-lauded emcees, boasting accompanying guest verses from Pete Rock (best known for his work with CL Smooth – remember T.R.O.Y.?) and Styles P. A Piece of the Action won’t hit store shelves till next spring, but fans should stay on the lookout for DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The Lo in February.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.