Camp Lo is back with a new name and record label. Signed to SRC Records via Universal Motown, Sonny Cheeba and Gucci Suede now go by the alias The Lo and are set to release their fourth album (the third to be named after a Bill Cosby/Sidney Poitier film pairing), A Piece of the Action. Their new buzz single, On Smash, places the duo alongside two of NYC’s most critically-lauded emcees, boasting accompanying guest verses from Pete Rock (best known for his work with CL Smooth – remember T.R.O.Y.?) and Styles P. A Piece of the Action won’t hit store shelves till next spring, but fans should stay on the lookout for DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The Lo in February.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.