Camp Lo is back with a new name and record label. Signed to SRC Records via Universal Motown, Sonny Cheeba and Gucci Suede now go by the alias The Lo and are set to release their fourth album (the third to be named after a Bill Cosby/Sidney Poitier film pairing), A Piece of the Action. Their new buzz single, On Smash, places the duo alongside two of NYC’s most critically-lauded emcees, boasting accompanying guest verses from Pete Rock (best known for his work with CL Smooth – remember T.R.O.Y.?) and Styles P. A Piece of the Action won’t hit store shelves till next spring, but fans should stay on the lookout for DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The Lo in February.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.