While everyone is familiar with Soulja Boy and his now world-famous Crank Dat dance, it’s four young men from Atlanta, Georgia, who deserve some of the credit. Formerly known as the Cash Camp, the rap quartet of Lil Playboy, Young Jit, Yella Boy Trent, and Lil Lite are the originators of recording dance moves and throwing them online. Following Soulja Boy’s signing at Interscope, the newly named Camp 22 was invited on tour with the teen sensation and instantly created a buzz for themselves. Thanks to that hype, the foursome signed a record deal with Epic, and a debut album is on the way. Kicking off the fun is the song Crank Dat Yank, a similar-sounding rap/dance mixture, which is produced by Lil’ A.
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.