While everyone is familiar with Soulja Boy and his now world-famous Crank Dat dance, it’s four young men from Atlanta, Georgia, who deserve some of the credit. Formerly known as the Cash Camp, the rap quartet of Lil Playboy, Young Jit, Yella Boy Trent, and Lil Lite are the originators of recording dance moves and throwing them online. Following Soulja Boy’s signing at Interscope, the newly named Camp 22 was invited on tour with the teen sensation and instantly created a buzz for themselves. Thanks to that hype, the foursome signed a record deal with Epic, and a debut album is on the way. Kicking off the fun is the song Crank Dat Yank, a similar-sounding rap/dance mixture, which is produced by Lil’ A.
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.