While everyone is familiar with Soulja Boy and his now world-famous Crank Dat dance, it’s four young men from Atlanta, Georgia, who deserve some of the credit. Formerly known as the Cash Camp, the rap quartet of Lil Playboy, Young Jit, Yella Boy Trent, and Lil Lite are the originators of recording dance moves and throwing them online. Following Soulja Boy’s signing at Interscope, the newly named Camp 22 was invited on tour with the teen sensation and instantly created a buzz for themselves. Thanks to that hype, the foursome signed a record deal with Epic, and a debut album is on the way. Kicking off the fun is the song Crank Dat Yank, a similar-sounding rap/dance mixture, which is produced by Lil’ A.
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.