Well Now, what do we have here? To answer my own rhetorical question, it’s a brand new promo cut from Toronto buzzmaker Camm Hunter. If you were feeling the quirky, crossover-ready vibe of last week’s S.O.B., prepare to have the Down With Webster frontman’s latest cut stuck in your head for a good long while. Producer Mighty Marty cooks up one of the most unique beats I’ve heard in a minute, mixing Twist and Shout-style buildups with a chopped “Well, b*tch” sample. Hunter echoes the instrumental’s creativity in his verses, using the aforementioned vocal snippet as material for call-and-response punchlines. Available for free download from the artist’s official site, Well Now is the first release off Camm’s forthcoming full-length, Just Saying. Keep it locked for release details on the project, as well as the latest singles.
Update: We have added the F. Paris-directed visuals for Camm Hunter’s Well Now single.
Written by richard on 05/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.