This Monday, Down With Webster rhymesayer Camm Hunter made his solo Booth debut with NLG, a confessional jam which explored the artist’s ambivalent relationship with Mary Jane. Three short days later, the situation’s improved markedly; no, he hasn’t kicked his weed dependency, but the addition of liquor and partying has quashed his guilt over getting faded. New promo cut Fire in the Night finds the headliner chronicling an epic night at the local spot in exhilarating, chemically-enhanced verses. Multi-talented reader fave Jared Evan jumps on NYC duo Proper Villians’ club-ready beat to deliver a melodically-flowed guest 16, as well as lending his sung vocals to the chorus. This dancefloor-scorching selection is unattached to any larger project, but fans can find more fresh tunes on Camm’s Just Me tape, available online as of late September.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.