They say always save the best for last, and so it may not be a coincidence that Cameron Wallace’s newest feature and the last before his album drops is perhaps his most compelling yet. New joint Always Will, making its world premiere right here, right now on The DJBooth, finds the Houston native as always pulling double duty, not only laying down the rhymes but providing yet more smooth production in the form of a blues influenced beat driven by a haunting guitar line and some seriously riding percussion. Over that sonic backdrop Wallace shows that he’s not afraid to chase what he considers rightfully his, no matter the obstacles that stand in his path. As if that wasn’t enough, he brings on none other than Tweet (where has she been?) for a hook that matches the beat’s sublte soul perfectly. Thankfully, fans Always Will and Mr. Wallace won’t have their patience tested any further. His HurryUpAndWait album is set to drop tomorrow, Tuesday, May 22, right here on The DJBooth. Until then, feel free to ride around your city in an El Dorado playing this at maximum volume.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.