They say always save the best for last, and so it may not be a coincidence that Cameron Wallace’s newest feature and the last before his album drops is perhaps his most compelling yet. New joint Always Will, making its world premiere right here, right now on The DJBooth, finds the Houston native as always pulling double duty, not only laying down the rhymes but providing yet more smooth production in the form of a blues influenced beat driven by a haunting guitar line and some seriously riding percussion. Over that sonic backdrop Wallace shows that he’s not afraid to chase what he considers rightfully his, no matter the obstacles that stand in his path. As if that wasn’t enough, he brings on none other than Tweet (where has she been?) for a hook that matches the beat’s sublte soul perfectly. Thankfully, fans Always Will and Mr. Wallace won’t have their patience tested any further. His HurryUpAndWait album is set to drop tomorrow, Tuesday, May 22, right here on The DJBooth. Until then, feel free to ride around your city in an El Dorado playing this at maximum volume.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.