They say always save the best for last, and so it may not be a coincidence that Cameron Wallace’s newest feature and the last before his album drops is perhaps his most compelling yet. New joint Always Will, making its world premiere right here, right now on The DJBooth, finds the Houston native as always pulling double duty, not only laying down the rhymes but providing yet more smooth production in the form of a blues influenced beat driven by a haunting guitar line and some seriously riding percussion. Over that sonic backdrop Wallace shows that he’s not afraid to chase what he considers rightfully his, no matter the obstacles that stand in his path. As if that wasn’t enough, he brings on none other than Tweet (where has she been?) for a hook that matches the beat’s sublte soul perfectly. Thankfully, fans Always Will and Mr. Wallace won’t have their patience tested any further. His HurryUpAndWait album is set to drop tomorrow, Tuesday, May 22, right here on The DJBooth. Until then, feel free to ride around your city in an El Dorado playing this at maximum volume.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.