Upon first glance, Jamaican singer Camar might seem like a replica of other Caribbean crooners like Sean Kingston. Actually, Camar brings a refreshing, new perspective to urban music with his upcoming Slip-N-Slide Records debut. On his first single, She Loves the Flava, the singer’s found an attractive girl on the dance floor that he’s just got to have. She loves his moves and everything he’s about, that distinctive Jamaican “flava” that sets him apart from the other guys. Camar’s hypnotic vocals are featured over thumping synths that tap out an island groove with an urban tinge, courtesy of producers Nathan Cowan and Troy Stanley. Will America embrace Camar’s new genre of Yard Soul and Love the Flava? Watch for his album, due to drop in 2009, to find out.
Written by Carly on 07/23/08
Submit your Rating
Slip N Slide Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Luv Me Love" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.