Upon first glance, Jamaican singer Camar might seem like a replica of other Caribbean crooners like Sean Kingston. Actually, Camar brings a refreshing, new perspective to urban music with his upcoming Slip-N-Slide Records debut. On his first single, She Loves the Flava, the singer’s found an attractive girl on the dance floor that he’s just got to have. She loves his moves and everything he’s about, that distinctive Jamaican “flava” that sets him apart from the other guys. Camar’s hypnotic vocals are featured over thumping synths that tap out an island groove with an urban tinge, courtesy of producers Nathan Cowan and Troy Stanley. Will America embrace Camar’s new genre of Yard Soul and Love the Flava? Watch for his album, due to drop in 2009, to find out.
Written by Carly on 07/23/08
Submit your Rating
Slip N Slide Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Luv Me Love" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.