It’s been over six months since R&B/dancehall up-and-comer Camar‘s Booth-approved second single, She Love Me Luv, hit our front page—what’s changed since? Well, not a whole lot; debut LP Yard Soul still has yet to receive a solid release date from the Slip-n-Slide Records brass, but, if this new single is any indication, Cam’s love life is as bangin’ as ever. Over CP Hollywood‘s body-moving synth backdrop, the singer pays tribute to a shorty who really knows how to Ride (like she on a bike!), delivering all the salacious details as he drifts in and out of his trademark Caribbean accent. With an upbeat groove, steamy subject matter, and plenty of pumped-up, high-volume ad-libs from fellow Florida resident DJ Rhymer, Ride has all the makings of a reggae-flavored club hit, but does it have what it takes to get Yard Soul onto store shelves before summer’s come and gone? Only time will tell, but a few rave Booth reviews certainly wouldn’t hurt Camar’s prospects.
Written by richard on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
Slip N Slide Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Loves the Flava" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.