For anyone who has been considered an outcast or is down in a tough situation, you have one more reason to raise your head up and join Cam Young‘s party. On In The Sky (High), Cam writes an open letter to those who society either looks down upon or have forgotten about. He’s made it through some tough times, himself, so he shares his advice and compassion so that you can make it to better times as well. It also helps if you close your eyes as you listen to PSB‘s uplifting production since it may leave you feeling like you’re soaring miles above all of the negativity. Mike Gomes helps spread the good energy on the hook by encouraging you to raise your lighter high up. Because if you look around, you may see a lot more lighters than you’d expect right next to you. If you want to hear more work from Cam and Mike together, check out their last DJBooth feature, How To Lie.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.