For anyone who has been considered an outcast or is down in a tough situation, you have one more reason to raise your head up and join Cam Young‘s party. On In The Sky (High), Cam writes an open letter to those who society either looks down upon or have forgotten about. He’s made it through some tough times, himself, so he shares his advice and compassion so that you can make it to better times as well. It also helps if you close your eyes as you listen to PSB‘s uplifting production since it may leave you feeling like you’re soaring miles above all of the negativity. Mike Gomes helps spread the good energy on the hook by encouraging you to raise your lighter high up. Because if you look around, you may see a lot more lighters than you’d expect right next to you. If you want to hear more work from Cam and Mike together, check out their last DJBooth feature, How To Lie.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.