Need a lesson in How To Lie? Okay, here it goes: Cam Young‘s new single won’t be in rotation all weekend; it is also attached to an upcoming project. See, right there are two big fat lies; I will be bumping this song all weekend (and beyond) and it is a loosie (but hopefully something else is in the works). Setting the stage on this potent R&B/hip-hop blend, Kelly Portis cooks up striking boardwork that starts with a smooth piano intro, but evolves into a cascading instrumental as the song develops; the emotional backdrop is perfect for the concept track. With a heartfelt, raspy flow Cam opens up about dealing with a girlfriend who has been less than faithful but won’t acknowledge it. Cam is complimented (quite nicely, I might add) by Mike Gomes, who lends his support with a similarly smoky style. Hooked on Young’s unique approach? Check out his last Booth spot, September’s City Of Angels.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.