Need a lesson in How To Lie? Okay, here it goes: Cam Young‘s new single won’t be in rotation all weekend; it is also attached to an upcoming project. See, right there are two big fat lies; I will be bumping this song all weekend (and beyond) and it is a loosie (but hopefully something else is in the works). Setting the stage on this potent R&B/hip-hop blend, Kelly Portis cooks up striking boardwork that starts with a smooth piano intro, but evolves into a cascading instrumental as the song develops; the emotional backdrop is perfect for the concept track. With a heartfelt, raspy flow Cam opens up about dealing with a girlfriend who has been less than faithful but won’t acknowledge it. Cam is complimented (quite nicely, I might add) by Mike Gomes, who lends his support with a similarly smoky style. Hooked on Young’s unique approach? Check out his last Booth spot, September’s City Of Angels.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.