Need a lesson in How To Lie? Okay, here it goes: Cam Young‘s new single won’t be in rotation all weekend; it is also attached to an upcoming project. See, right there are two big fat lies; I will be bumping this song all weekend (and beyond) and it is a loosie (but hopefully something else is in the works). Setting the stage on this potent R&B/hip-hop blend, Kelly Portis cooks up striking boardwork that starts with a smooth piano intro, but evolves into a cascading instrumental as the song develops; the emotional backdrop is perfect for the concept track. With a heartfelt, raspy flow Cam opens up about dealing with a girlfriend who has been less than faithful but won’t acknowledge it. Cam is complimented (quite nicely, I might add) by Mike Gomes, who lends his support with a similarly smoky style. Hooked on Young’s unique approach? Check out his last Booth spot, September’s City Of Angels.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.