Need a lesson in How To Lie? Okay, here it goes: Cam Young‘s new single won’t be in rotation all weekend; it is also attached to an upcoming project. See, right there are two big fat lies; I will be bumping this song all weekend (and beyond) and it is a loosie (but hopefully something else is in the works). Setting the stage on this potent R&B/hip-hop blend, Kelly Portis cooks up striking boardwork that starts with a smooth piano intro, but evolves into a cascading instrumental as the song develops; the emotional backdrop is perfect for the concept track. With a heartfelt, raspy flow Cam opens up about dealing with a girlfriend who has been less than faithful but won’t acknowledge it. Cam is complimented (quite nicely, I might add) by Mike Gomes, who lends his support with a similarly smoky style. Hooked on Young’s unique approach? Check out his last Booth spot, September’s City Of Angels.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.