Need a lesson in How To Lie? Okay, here it goes: Cam Young‘s new single won’t be in rotation all weekend; it is also attached to an upcoming project. See, right there are two big fat lies; I will be bumping this song all weekend (and beyond) and it is a loosie (but hopefully something else is in the works). Setting the stage on this potent R&B/hip-hop blend, Kelly Portis cooks up striking boardwork that starts with a smooth piano intro, but evolves into a cascading instrumental as the song develops; the emotional backdrop is perfect for the concept track. With a heartfelt, raspy flow Cam opens up about dealing with a girlfriend who has been less than faithful but won’t acknowledge it. Cam is complimented (quite nicely, I might add) by Mike Gomes, who lends his support with a similarly smoky style. Hooked on Young’s unique approach? Check out his last Booth spot, September’s City Of Angels.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.