From “California Love” to “California Dreamin,” Cali has had its fair share of anthems, but none sound quite like this impressive Booth debut from Cam Young. If you are expecting a breezy West Coast anthem, brace yourself; it might be called City of Angels, but this cut is more devilish than heavenly. Producer Kelly Portis’s boardwork may feature an angelic harp, but the powerful drums and ominous samples give it a much more demonic vibe. Cam matches the edgy production with a cutting, powerful flow (and a surprisingly smooth hook) using his bars to portray a much darker California than outsiders may recognize. For those who are craving more (I know I am), City of Angels is a standout selection off Young’s Mirrors tape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.