Cam Meekins‘s stock has been steady rising in the hip-hop game but, unlike many up-and-comers, the Boston representative isn’t letting success psyche him out. Rather, he’s maintaining the very same slow-and-steady approach that got him to where he is today. On new mixtape single The Road, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the emcee shares his ambitious, yet worry-free philosophy on the hustle, and scoffs at those who would switch up their style in a frantic quest for hits: “You cavin’ into the pressure of makin’ pop records / I build a fanbase slow to get the top records.” Beatsmith Teddy Roxpin provides an appropriately relaxed, keyboard-led backdrop for his bars. This breezy banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cam’s PEACE LP, set to drop September 24, for purchase via iTunes and free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.