Cam Meekins‘s stock has been steady rising in the hip-hop game but, unlike many up-and-comers, the Boston representative isn’t letting success psyche him out. Rather, he’s maintaining the very same slow-and-steady approach that got him to where he is today. On new mixtape single The Road, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the emcee shares his ambitious, yet worry-free philosophy on the hustle, and scoffs at those who would switch up their style in a frantic quest for hits: “You cavin’ into the pressure of makin’ pop records / I build a fanbase slow to get the top records.” Beatsmith Teddy Roxpin provides an appropriately relaxed, keyboard-led backdrop for his bars. This breezy banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cam’s PEACE LP, set to drop September 24, for purchase via iTunes and free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.