Cam Meekins‘s stock has been steady rising in the hip-hop game but, unlike many up-and-comers, the Boston representative isn’t letting success psyche him out. Rather, he’s maintaining the very same slow-and-steady approach that got him to where he is today. On new mixtape single The Road, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the emcee shares his ambitious, yet worry-free philosophy on the hustle, and scoffs at those who would switch up their style in a frantic quest for hits: “You cavin’ into the pressure of makin’ pop records / I build a fanbase slow to get the top records.” Beatsmith Teddy Roxpin provides an appropriately relaxed, keyboard-led backdrop for his bars. This breezy banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cam’s PEACE LP, set to drop September 24, for purchase via iTunes and free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.