If you are like me, then you can hardly wait for football season to begin. In addition to watching way too many meaningless preseason games, I have been hard at work prepping for fantasy football. In fact, in all my mock drafts, I have yet to consider Baltimore Raven Joe Flacco, who I believe is overrated and an average quarterback. Cam Meekins‘s Joe Flacco, on the other hand, would be my first round pick. Producer Brandun Deshay establishes a cool, quirky mood behind the boards, turning in a dripping, padded instrumental centered around a muffled vocal sample. Atop the beat, Cam delivers a refreshing performance, exhibiting a laid-back, yet personable flow as he spits his honest, easily-relatable bars. His rhymes are a welcome change of pace in an industry filled with cocky, image-conscious emcees. Joe Flacco is not attached to any forthcoming project but, like the real Flacco, Meekins will undoubtedly be working hard this fall, prepping the release of an untitled new album.
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.