If you are like me, then you can hardly wait for football season to begin. In addition to watching way too many meaningless preseason games, I have been hard at work prepping for fantasy football. In fact, in all my mock drafts, I have yet to consider Baltimore Raven Joe Flacco, who I believe is overrated and an average quarterback. Cam Meekins‘s Joe Flacco, on the other hand, would be my first round pick. Producer Brandun Deshay establishes a cool, quirky mood behind the boards, turning in a dripping, padded instrumental centered around a muffled vocal sample. Atop the beat, Cam delivers a refreshing performance, exhibiting a laid-back, yet personable flow as he spits his honest, easily-relatable bars. His rhymes are a welcome change of pace in an industry filled with cocky, image-conscious emcees. Joe Flacco is not attached to any forthcoming project but, like the real Flacco, Meekins will undoubtedly be working hard this fall, prepping the release of an untitled new album.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.