If you are like me, then you can hardly wait for football season to begin. In addition to watching way too many meaningless preseason games, I have been hard at work prepping for fantasy football. In fact, in all my mock drafts, I have yet to consider Baltimore Raven Joe Flacco, who I believe is overrated and an average quarterback. Cam Meekins‘s Joe Flacco, on the other hand, would be my first round pick. Producer Brandun Deshay establishes a cool, quirky mood behind the boards, turning in a dripping, padded instrumental centered around a muffled vocal sample. Atop the beat, Cam delivers a refreshing performance, exhibiting a laid-back, yet personable flow as he spits his honest, easily-relatable bars. His rhymes are a welcome change of pace in an industry filled with cocky, image-conscious emcees. Joe Flacco is not attached to any forthcoming project but, like the real Flacco, Meekins will undoubtedly be working hard this fall, prepping the release of an untitled new album.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.