If you are like me, then you can hardly wait for football season to begin. In addition to watching way too many meaningless preseason games, I have been hard at work prepping for fantasy football. In fact, in all my mock drafts, I have yet to consider Baltimore Raven Joe Flacco, who I believe is overrated and an average quarterback. Cam Meekins‘s Joe Flacco, on the other hand, would be my first round pick. Producer Brandun Deshay establishes a cool, quirky mood behind the boards, turning in a dripping, padded instrumental centered around a muffled vocal sample. Atop the beat, Cam delivers a refreshing performance, exhibiting a laid-back, yet personable flow as he spits his honest, easily-relatable bars. His rhymes are a welcome change of pace in an industry filled with cocky, image-conscious emcees. Joe Flacco is not attached to any forthcoming project but, like the real Flacco, Meekins will undoubtedly be working hard this fall, prepping the release of an untitled new album.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.