If you are like me, then you can hardly wait for football season to begin. In addition to watching way too many meaningless preseason games, I have been hard at work prepping for fantasy football. In fact, in all my mock drafts, I have yet to consider Baltimore Raven Joe Flacco, who I believe is overrated and an average quarterback. Cam Meekins‘s Joe Flacco, on the other hand, would be my first round pick. Producer Brandun Deshay establishes a cool, quirky mood behind the boards, turning in a dripping, padded instrumental centered around a muffled vocal sample. Atop the beat, Cam delivers a refreshing performance, exhibiting a laid-back, yet personable flow as he spits his honest, easily-relatable bars. His rhymes are a welcome change of pace in an industry filled with cocky, image-conscious emcees. Joe Flacco is not attached to any forthcoming project but, like the real Flacco, Meekins will undoubtedly be working hard this fall, prepping the release of an untitled new album.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Lamp City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)