Class is in session, Booth readers! The subject of today’s lecture, which comes courtesy of first-time featurees Cali Swag District and a few high-profile guest lecturers, is “Dougie-ing” - which, according to my research, is a dance hailing from Dallas and inspired at least in part by Doug E. Fresh. I had to look that up myself because, to keep it one-hundred, this newly-released remix of single Teach Me How to Dougie is about as informative as Audio Push‘s similarly-themed Teach Me How to Jerk – that is to say, not very. What it lacks in educational value, though, it makes up for in banging production (courtesy of Star) and club-ready rhymes. In addition to bars by group members Jay Are, C Smoove, Yung and MBone, this version of the cut features guest contributions from Sean Kingston and B.o.B, the latter of whom knocks his verse out of the park with some flawlessly acrobatic flows. Think these swagger-laden Californians sound like a winning team? Then you’ll want to keep it locked for further details on their forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You Are" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.