Class is in session, Booth readers! The subject of today’s lecture, which comes courtesy of first-time featurees Cali Swag District and a few high-profile guest lecturers, is “Dougie-ing” - which, according to my research, is a dance hailing from Dallas and inspired at least in part by Doug E. Fresh. I had to look that up myself because, to keep it one-hundred, this newly-released remix of single Teach Me How to Dougie is about as informative as Audio Push‘s similarly-themed Teach Me How to Jerk – that is to say, not very. What it lacks in educational value, though, it makes up for in banging production (courtesy of Star) and club-ready rhymes. In addition to bars by group members Jay Are, C Smoove, Yung and MBone, this version of the cut features guest contributions from Sean Kingston and B.o.B, the latter of whom knocks his verse out of the park with some flawlessly acrobatic flows. Think these swagger-laden Californians sound like a winning team? Then you’ll want to keep it locked for further details on their forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or a release date.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You Are" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.