Class is in session, Booth readers! The subject of today’s lecture, which comes courtesy of first-time featurees Cali Swag District and a few high-profile guest lecturers, is “Dougie-ing” - which, according to my research, is a dance hailing from Dallas and inspired at least in part by Doug E. Fresh. I had to look that up myself because, to keep it one-hundred, this newly-released remix of single Teach Me How to Dougie is about as informative as Audio Push‘s similarly-themed Teach Me How to Jerk – that is to say, not very. What it lacks in educational value, though, it makes up for in banging production (courtesy of Star) and club-ready rhymes. In addition to bars by group members Jay Are, C Smoove, Yung and MBone, this version of the cut features guest contributions from Sean Kingston and B.o.B, the latter of whom knocks his verse out of the park with some flawlessly acrobatic flows. Think these swagger-laden Californians sound like a winning team? Then you’ll want to keep it locked for further details on their forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or a release date.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You Are" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.