When Booth newcomer Cali Cam needs a Lyft, he doesn’t reach for his smart phone; with a simple puff of a joint, he gets all the altitude he needs to float wherever he needs to go. If your mood requires a little elevating, just hit play on his latest promo single, which happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. With Beats by Aaron‘s soul loops as his backdrop, the indie rhymesayer—who, fittingly, hails from San Diego—spits jubilant bars about the quality weed in his blunt, his busy love life and his hustle to conquer the hip-hop game. XO guests, assisting on the record’s hook. Lyft isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on this talented up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.