For underground rappers and others who have always had to struggle for funds, the Peaceful feeling of financial security can be a little disconcerting at first. Such was undoubtedly the case for Calez but, judging by his latest single, the Windy City representative is quickly getting accustomed to his newfound prosperity. As usual, the artist handles production as well as mic duties, crafting an atomspheric beat whose low-key vibe is only slightly undermined by the braying vocal sample he flips on the hook. The arguable highlight comes on the back, when he sits down at the keyboard to send us off with a disarmingly pretty solo. Peaceful is the first release off Calez’s Ceito LP, projected to drop in spring of 2014. Fans can watch our pages for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.