What does Calez’ latest promo single, Malcolm X, have to do with the civil rights leader from which it takes its name? After multiple spins, I’ve come to the conclusion that I have no f**king clue. Whether there’s a subtle connection that flew over my head or the Chi-town rhymesayer just thought the title would inspire heads to take a listen, it’s hard to argue with the lyrical fire he brings to this braggadocios banger. With Large Professor‘s classic Ohh instrumental as his backdrop, the BRKF$T Club member lets his swagger shine at its full luminescence, reveling in his mastery of the mic and comparing his rivals to viral sensation/rap laughingstock 50 Tyson. Lack of Malcolm-related content aside, the kid’s got raps. Which is is why fans who haven’t already copped the project will want to drop whatever they’re doing and check out his Calez’ last project, Kid With Raps (Deluxe Edition), available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.