Feel the need to grab a snack, take a smoke break or use the facilities? Well, tough luck. While Calez’ first Booth feature and latest mixtape single is titled “Intermission,” those who dip out while it’s playing will miss out on some eminently fresh beats and rhymes. Flosstradamus goes minimal on the production tip, layering hypnotic looped vocal samples and buzzing synths over a bass-heavy rhythm as the Windy City mic-rocker drops verses packed from to bottom with larger-than-life braggadocio and brash trash-talk. In between talking up his mic skills and brushing off the haters, the artist ensures that I’ll never see the Jersey Shore dudes’ signature dance move the same way again, spitting, “Catch me with your girl and tell her home is where we’re joggin,’ see / she anxious to fist-pump in the c**ter with that Pauly D.” Long story short, the man’s got swagger—even though he himself hates the word, as he explains on the back. Those feeling this larger-than-life selection can look forward to plenty more fresh tunes on Calez’ Kid With Raps LP, scheduled for release February 6, via 2DopeBoyz and RubyHornet. In the meantime, why not peep the official video, viewable here?
Written by richard on 01/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Text" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.