Calez, who is prepping for the release of his forthcoming project, Too Broke Tape, thinks that he is truly ready to blow away listeners. If this notion is something that you doubt, however, his most recent cut (taken from the tape) should make you Believe It. The Windy City emcee selects a crisp, powerful beat from established producer Swiff D as the forum to lure in future devotees. Calez, a member of collective 2008ighties, deviates from the typical song structure on Believe It, spitting more bars than Downtown Austin, Texas on Sixth Street. The emcee intentionally leaves out a hook, squeezing in more clever wordplay that is hammered home by a crystal clear delivery. So, did Calez make you a believer? Share your thoughts below!
Written by Lucas G. on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.