Calez, who is prepping for the release of his forthcoming project, Too Broke Tape, thinks that he is truly ready to blow away listeners. If this notion is something that you doubt, however, his most recent cut (taken from the tape) should make you Believe It. The Windy City emcee selects a crisp, powerful beat from established producer Swiff D as the forum to lure in future devotees. Calez, a member of collective 2008ighties, deviates from the typical song structure on Believe It, spitting more bars than Downtown Austin, Texas on Sixth Street. The emcee intentionally leaves out a hook, squeezing in more clever wordplay that is hammered home by a crystal clear delivery. So, did Calez make you a believer? Share your thoughts below!
Written by Lucas G. on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.