Some songs won’t hit with everyone—it’s simply the nature of the game—but I am willing to bet A Mill that everyone will find something to enjoy about this supremely well-constructed effort from Calez. !llmind‘s unique beat, featuring a chopped vocal sample and chiming keyboard chords, sets the mood on this gritty, yet strangely smooth cut that finds Calez tailoring his flow to fit the beat. At some points, the Windy City emcee engages listeners with a razor sharp attack; at others, he seamlessly transitions into a more rounded, sung-rapped style. A Mill can be found on Calez’s Ceito: The Prelude mixtape, which will be released in advance of his unscheduled studio album, Ceito.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.