Some songs won’t hit with everyone—it’s simply the nature of the game—but I am willing to bet A Mill that everyone will find something to enjoy about this supremely well-constructed effort from Calez. !llmind‘s unique beat, featuring a chopped vocal sample and chiming keyboard chords, sets the mood on this gritty, yet strangely smooth cut that finds Calez tailoring his flow to fit the beat. At some points, the Windy City emcee engages listeners with a razor sharp attack; at others, he seamlessly transitions into a more rounded, sung-rapped style. A Mill can be found on Calez’s Ceito: The Prelude mixtape, which will be released in advance of his unscheduled studio album, Ceito.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.