With her recent debut feature, Summertime Valentine, singer/songwriter Lili K. proved that Save Money isn’t just a group of dope emcees; it’s also home to some skilled singers. Today, we’re proud to bring you the debut feature from Caleb James, another rising crooner from Chance the Rapper‘s up-and-coming collective. On mixtape standout Ride With Me, making its world premiere on our pages, the singer addresses a prospective jump-off, stressing his total availability (“Just call on me / I don’t care if you’re close, I don’t care if you’re far.”), but requesting that she keep their liaisons on the low. His open invitation comes backed by the slow-rolling synth-percussion grooves of Nez & Rio. After giving this steamy single a spin, are you anxious to get to know Caleb James a little better? Then be sure to cop his latest mixtape, The Jones, when it drops digitally later today.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Owls " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.