With her recent debut feature, Summertime Valentine, singer/songwriter Lili K. proved that Save Money isn’t just a group of dope emcees; it’s also home to some skilled singers. Today, we’re proud to bring you the debut feature from Caleb James, another rising crooner from Chance the Rapper‘s up-and-coming collective. On mixtape standout Ride With Me, making its world premiere on our pages, the singer addresses a prospective jump-off, stressing his total availability (“Just call on me / I don’t care if you’re close, I don’t care if you’re far.”), but requesting that she keep their liaisons on the low. His open invitation comes backed by the slow-rolling synth-percussion grooves of Nez & Rio. After giving this steamy single a spin, are you anxious to get to know Caleb James a little better? Then be sure to cop his latest mixtape, The Jones, when it drops digitally later today.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Owls " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.