Chi-town hip-hop collective Save Money may not seem, at first glance, to have a whole lot in common with the samurai of medieval Japan, but their codes of ethics bear some striking similarities. Both, for example, place a premium on Honesty and Loyalty—virtues which Caleb James celebrates on his latest promotional single. The artist and his father, Steve Stone Huff, join forces behind the boards on this upbeat jam, mixing mellow guitar and piano chords with effervescent synth arpeggios. Over that vibrant backdrop, James outlines the standard of conduct he expects from himself and anyone else who sits at his table. Those who step out of line, of course, will face the consequences: “If a n**ga wanna act up, he can get smacked up, he’ll just get packed up.” Fans can expect plenty more lush beats and top-notch flows on Caleb’s The Jones 2.0 tape, due out this spring. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Update: We have added the Austin Vesely-directed visuals for Caleb James’ Honesty and Loyalty single.
Written by richard on 04/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Owls " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.