Chi-town hip-hop collective Save Money may not seem, at first glance, to have a whole lot in common with the samurai of medieval Japan, but their codes of ethics bear some striking similarities. Both, for example, place a premium on Honesty and Loyalty—virtues which Caleb James celebrates on his latest promotional single. The artist and his father, Steve Stone Huff, join forces behind the boards on this upbeat jam, mixing mellow guitar and piano chords with effervescent synth arpeggios. Over that vibrant backdrop, James outlines the standard of conduct he expects from himself and anyone else who sits at his table. Those who step out of line, of course, will face the consequences: “If a n**ga wanna act up, he can get smacked up, he’ll just get packed up.” Fans can expect plenty more lush beats and top-notch flows on Caleb’s The Jones 2.0 tape, due out this spring. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Update: We have added the Austin Vesely-directed visuals for Caleb James’ Honesty and Loyalty single.
Written by richard on 04/19/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Owls " (2012)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.