Since stumbling across Caitlyn Scarlett‘s new single earlier this week, I simply have not been able to stop listening. Seriously, I’ve played the record almost 25 times already. I’m not complaining; there is nothing bad about my love for Bad Love. Riding in on a triumphant, EDM-driven production from Ayo Beatz, this 18-year-old, DJBooth newcomer kicks the down the “introductory” doors and makes one hell of a first impression. Her smoky, beautifully haunting vocals are in a word, intoxicating, and posses just enough power to stand out atop the cascading beat, but enough emotion to make the ill-fated, romance-driven lyrics stick. With a sound that will have a plethora of forward-thinking emcees begging for a hook, Scarlett sounds like she’s here to stay. Be on the lookout for her upcoming EP, Jurassic Jukebox and Other Drugs, and expect to hear more from this talented UK native around these parts.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.