Since stumbling across Caitlyn Scarlett‘s new single earlier this week, I simply have not been able to stop listening. Seriously, I’ve played the record almost 25 times already. I’m not complaining; there is nothing bad about my love for Bad Love. Riding in on a triumphant, EDM-driven production from Ayo Beatz, this 18-year-old, DJBooth newcomer kicks the down the “introductory” doors and makes one hell of a first impression. Her smoky, beautifully haunting vocals are in a word, intoxicating, and posses just enough power to stand out atop the cascading beat, but enough emotion to make the ill-fated, romance-driven lyrics stick. With a sound that will have a plethora of forward-thinking emcees begging for a hook, Scarlett sounds like she’s here to stay. Be on the lookout for her upcoming EP, Jurassic Jukebox and Other Drugs, and expect to hear more from this talented UK native around these parts.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.