Last we heard from CA$HE (on the solo tip, that is), it was July ‘09, and the Northeastern up-and-comer had taken a break from his long and arduous journey to Harlemwood to bask in the summer sun. What’s he been up to in the time since? While the artist himself claims he’s been “up to no good” on this new feature, I think fans will agree that that fresh music is never a bad thing. On Corner Boys, the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the rapper formerly known as Harlem’s Cash gives us a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional hustler. Beatsmiths Frostbite and Fingaz (whose names I can’t read in the same sentence without getting the urge to put on mittens) handle production duties, cooking up a sparse, organ-led instrumental backdrop for the artist’s engagingly-flowed, pop-reference-packed bars: “Bills like Cosby, swear I’m goin’ hard B, I do it for my kids like Big Bird and Barney. / If I get locked up, tell my mama sorry, but I’ll be back in no time, rockin’ like Ozzy.” Complete with guest vocals by T-6, this braggadocious joint and much more can be found on My Life, Your Entertainment, set to drop sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 08/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.