Last we heard from CA$HE (on the solo tip, that is), it was July ‘09, and the Northeastern up-and-comer had taken a break from his long and arduous journey to Harlemwood to bask in the summer sun. What’s he been up to in the time since? While the artist himself claims he’s been “up to no good” on this new feature, I think fans will agree that that fresh music is never a bad thing. On Corner Boys, the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the rapper formerly known as Harlem’s Cash gives us a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional hustler. Beatsmiths Frostbite and Fingaz (whose names I can’t read in the same sentence without getting the urge to put on mittens) handle production duties, cooking up a sparse, organ-led instrumental backdrop for the artist’s engagingly-flowed, pop-reference-packed bars: “Bills like Cosby, swear I’m goin’ hard B, I do it for my kids like Big Bird and Barney. / If I get locked up, tell my mama sorry, but I’ll be back in no time, rockin’ like Ozzy.” Complete with guest vocals by T-6, this braggadocious joint and much more can be found on My Life, Your Entertainment, set to drop sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 08/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)