Last we heard from CA$HE (on the solo tip, that is), it was July ‘09, and the Northeastern up-and-comer had taken a break from his long and arduous journey to Harlemwood to bask in the summer sun. What’s he been up to in the time since? While the artist himself claims he’s been “up to no good” on this new feature, I think fans will agree that that fresh music is never a bad thing. On Corner Boys, the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the rapper formerly known as Harlem’s Cash gives us a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional hustler. Beatsmiths Frostbite and Fingaz (whose names I can’t read in the same sentence without getting the urge to put on mittens) handle production duties, cooking up a sparse, organ-led instrumental backdrop for the artist’s engagingly-flowed, pop-reference-packed bars: “Bills like Cosby, swear I’m goin’ hard B, I do it for my kids like Big Bird and Barney. / If I get locked up, tell my mama sorry, but I’ll be back in no time, rockin’ like Ozzy.” Complete with guest vocals by T-6, this braggadocious joint and much more can be found on My Life, Your Entertainment, set to drop sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 08/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.