Historically known for his distinct voice and drug-reference based lyrics, Cage officially makes his The DJBooth debut with new promo single, The Void. The dark, heavy synth instrumental, courtesy of former High and Mighty collaborator DJ Mighty Mi, lays the groundwork for a new gothic fave amongst those who appreciate the EDM sound. Assisted by Canadian singer/songwriter Sherry St. Germain, Cage’s lyrics suggest that his previous heavy drug usage and anger remain buried in his soul and can be summoned on command when needed. He’s obviously still able channel his lifelong trials and in the process rekindling a flame from his previous works. I will admit that even after ten listens, Void will most likely leave listeners scratching their heads (yet nodding along with the beat), wondering why they actually like it. Answer? Regardless of what you do or don’t know about Cage, The Void is a solid effort on all fronts. Stay locked in with The DJBooth for more mind-spinning music from Cage.
Written by WriterJones on 04/16/12
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Hunt" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.