Historically known for his distinct voice and drug-reference based lyrics, Cage officially makes his The DJBooth debut with new promo single, The Void. The dark, heavy synth instrumental, courtesy of former High and Mighty collaborator DJ Mighty Mi, lays the groundwork for a new gothic fave amongst those who appreciate the EDM sound. Assisted by Canadian singer/songwriter Sherry St. Germain, Cage’s lyrics suggest that his previous heavy drug usage and anger remain buried in his soul and can be summoned on command when needed. He’s obviously still able channel his lifelong trials and in the process rekindling a flame from his previous works. I will admit that even after ten listens, Void will most likely leave listeners scratching their heads (yet nodding along with the beat), wondering why they actually like it. Answer? Regardless of what you do or don’t know about Cage, The Void is a solid effort on all fronts. Stay locked in with The DJBooth for more mind-spinning music from Cage.
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Hunt" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.