Historically known for his distinct voice and drug-reference based lyrics, Cage officially makes his The DJBooth debut with new promo single, The Void. The dark, heavy synth instrumental, courtesy of former High and Mighty collaborator DJ Mighty Mi, lays the groundwork for a new gothic fave amongst those who appreciate the EDM sound. Assisted by Canadian singer/songwriter Sherry St. Germain, Cage’s lyrics suggest that his previous heavy drug usage and anger remain buried in his soul and can be summoned on command when needed. He’s obviously still able channel his lifelong trials and in the process rekindling a flame from his previous works. I will admit that even after ten listens, Void will most likely leave listeners scratching their heads (yet nodding along with the beat), wondering why they actually like it. Answer? Regardless of what you do or don’t know about Cage, The Void is a solid effort on all fronts. Stay locked in with The DJBooth for more mind-spinning music from Cage.
Written by WriterJones on 04/16/12
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Hunt" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.