It’s been a hot minute since CAGE‘s dark, self-lacerating brand of underground fire last graced our pages; The Void hit the Booth way back in April of 2012. Today, the NYC veteran makes his long-awaited return with The Hunt, single numero uno off his next full-length. Here, an eerie, atmospheric beat by Mighty Mi, Aaron Perez and Slugworth backs CAGE as he reflects on religion, mortality, and the skeletons littering his closet. As usual, his verses come peppered with morbid, mordant one-liners: “Most people don’t follow their dreams and they feel fine. / It’s probably why I don’t: I stalked, raped, and killed mine.” For The Hunt and much more, cop the artist’s Kill the Architect LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 22 via Eastern Conference Records.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Void" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)