It’s been a hot minute since CAGE‘s dark, self-lacerating brand of underground fire last graced our pages; The Void hit the Booth way back in April of 2012. Today, the NYC veteran makes his long-awaited return with The Hunt, single numero uno off his next full-length. Here, an eerie, atmospheric beat by Mighty Mi, Aaron Perez and Slugworth backs CAGE as he reflects on religion, mortality, and the skeletons littering his closet. As usual, his verses come peppered with morbid, mordant one-liners: “Most people don’t follow their dreams and they feel fine. / It’s probably why I don’t: I stalked, raped, and killed mine.” For The Hunt and much more, cop the artist’s Kill the Architect LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 22 via Eastern Conference Records.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Void" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.