It’s been a hot minute since CAGE‘s dark, self-lacerating brand of underground fire last graced our pages; The Void hit the Booth way back in April of 2012. Today, the NYC veteran makes his long-awaited return with The Hunt, single numero uno off his next full-length. Here, an eerie, atmospheric beat by Mighty Mi, Aaron Perez and Slugworth backs CAGE as he reflects on religion, mortality, and the skeletons littering his closet. As usual, his verses come peppered with morbid, mordant one-liners: “Most people don’t follow their dreams and they feel fine. / It’s probably why I don’t: I stalked, raped, and killed mine.” For The Hunt and much more, cop the artist’s Kill the Architect LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 22 via Eastern Conference Records.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Void" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.