It’s been a hot minute since CAGE‘s dark, self-lacerating brand of underground fire last graced our pages; The Void hit the Booth way back in April of 2012. Today, the NYC veteran makes his long-awaited return with The Hunt, single numero uno off his next full-length. Here, an eerie, atmospheric beat by Mighty Mi, Aaron Perez and Slugworth backs CAGE as he reflects on religion, mortality, and the skeletons littering his closet. As usual, his verses come peppered with morbid, mordant one-liners: “Most people don’t follow their dreams and they feel fine. / It’s probably why I don’t: I stalked, raped, and killed mine.” For The Hunt and much more, cop the artist’s Kill the Architect LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 22 via Eastern Conference Records.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Void" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.