It’s been a hot minute since CAGE‘s dark, self-lacerating brand of underground fire last graced our pages; The Void hit the Booth way back in April of 2012. Today, the NYC veteran makes his long-awaited return with The Hunt, single numero uno off his next full-length. Here, an eerie, atmospheric beat by Mighty Mi, Aaron Perez and Slugworth backs CAGE as he reflects on religion, mortality, and the skeletons littering his closet. As usual, his verses come peppered with morbid, mordant one-liners: “Most people don’t follow their dreams and they feel fine. / It’s probably why I don’t: I stalked, raped, and killed mine.” For The Hunt and much more, cop the artist’s Kill the Architect LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 22 via Eastern Conference Records.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Eastern Conference Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Void" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.