In rap, it’s generally accepted that there’s no such thing as keeping it too real. In love, on the other hand, being honest about your feelings and intentions can cripple a relationship before it’s even begun, not to mention getting you slapped. On new promo single When It’s Real, the debut feature from Cadence Weapon, the Canadian hip-hop heavyweight reflects on the under-appreciated dangers of shooting from the hip, showcasing his agile, yet understated flow over Muneshine‘s breezy, retro boardwork. Guest Jarell Perry heightens the record’s throwback vibe, channeling the smoothest of ‘90s R&B in his silky chorus. This joint is unattached to any larger project, but we in The DJBooth will keep you posted on the Edmonton repper’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
Upper Class Recordings
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.