There may not be any wizards’ academies in South Central Los Angeles, but Booth newcomer C. Hutch did manage to pick up a little Avenue Magic during his time in the mean streets. What type of spells does he have up his sleeve, you may ask? As Hutch explains on this newly-leaked mixtape cut, he’s got quite a few enviable powers: he can make cash appear out of thin air, he can gain respect with a wave of his hand, he can even hustle in his sleep! On top of all that, he’s got some impressive multitasking abilities—in addition to showcasing his skills on the mic with three verses’ worth of punchline-laced braggadocio, he steps behind the boards to deliver chopped-sample instrumental whose leisurely rhythm couldn’t be better matched to his swagger-drenched flow. C. Hutch may not have a Hogwarts diploma, but he comes with a brand of street magic we can all believe in; for more spellbinding tracks, grab a copy of Black Market Music when it hits the net September 1st.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.