Why put off till tomorrow the paper you you can stack today? As far as C-San is concerned, there’s no time like Right Now to put in the work necessary to achieve future financial security. Despite—or perhaps because of—his hustle-first mentality, the Los Angeles repper isn’t stressing; making its world premiere right here on our front page, his first solo feature (we previously heard him as a guest on The Sleepwalkers’ Double Up) is as breezy and relaxing an ode to the grind as a hip-hop head could ask for. Uncle Dave handles production duties, crafting an idyllic, sampled backdrop for C-San, who emphasizes his dedication to his craft, as well as sharing a few unrelated thoughts (“A couple of things happened to change how I view life / Like Vanilla Ice hangin’ out with Suge Knight.”). Whereas the headliner is all business, guest spitter Casey Veggies spends his closing verse chilling with his girl after hours: ”Worked hard, came home to some nice evenings / I’m the type to take you sightseeing.” Whether you’re on the job or simply kicking back, this cut’s chill vibes have an infectious appeal. For more, check out C-San’s DJBooth-sponsored Dreams & Reality tape when it hits our mixtape page this Thursday for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/23/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Double Up" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.