Why put off till tomorrow the paper you you can stack today? As far as C-San is concerned, there’s no time like Right Now to put in the work necessary to achieve future financial security. Despite—or perhaps because of—his hustle-first mentality, the Los Angeles repper isn’t stressing; making its world premiere right here on our front page, his first solo feature (we previously heard him as a guest on The Sleepwalkers’ Double Up) is as breezy and relaxing an ode to the grind as a hip-hop head could ask for. Uncle Dave handles production duties, crafting an idyllic, sampled backdrop for C-San, who emphasizes his dedication to his craft, as well as sharing a few unrelated thoughts (“A couple of things happened to change how I view life / Like Vanilla Ice hangin’ out with Suge Knight.”). Whereas the headliner is all business, guest spitter Casey Veggies spends his closing verse chilling with his girl after hours: ”Worked hard, came home to some nice evenings / I’m the type to take you sightseeing.” Whether you’re on the job or simply kicking back, this cut’s chill vibes have an infectious appeal. For more, check out C-San’s DJBooth-sponsored Dreams & Reality tape when it hits our mixtape page this Thursday for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Double Up" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.