Brand new artist C-Ride, signed to Polo Grounds/J Records, is the biggest thing to emerge out of the 305 since Rick Ross did it big in ‘06. With guidance from Miami producers Cool N Dre, he coolly rides the beat on his newest single, Pushin’. Although the “corner happenin” topics have been overused in Dirty South hip-hop, C-Ride avoids all of the previously redundant clichés and packs a nice lyrical punch come the third verse. Look out for his debut album The A-Rab Store by the end of the year.
Written by DJ Z on 06/14/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sitting On My Porch" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.