Brand new artist C-Ride, signed to Polo Grounds/J Records, is the biggest thing to emerge out of the 305 since Rick Ross did it big in ‘06. With guidance from Miami producers Cool N Dre, he coolly rides the beat on his newest single, Pushin’. Although the “corner happenin” topics have been overused in Dirty South hip-hop, C-Ride avoids all of the previously redundant clichés and packs a nice lyrical punch come the third verse. Look out for his debut album The A-Rab Store by the end of the year.
Written by DJ Z on 06/14/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sitting On My Porch" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.