Brand new artist C-Ride, signed to Polo Grounds/J Records, is the biggest thing to emerge out of the 305 since Rick Ross did it big in ‘06. With guidance from Miami producers Cool N Dre, he coolly rides the beat on his newest single, Pushin’. Although the “corner happenin” topics have been overused in Dirty South hip-hop, C-Ride avoids all of the previously redundant clichés and packs a nice lyrical punch come the third verse. Look out for his debut album The A-Rab Store by the end of the year.
Written by DJ Z on 06/14/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sitting On My Porch" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.