After Joe Hound releases his debut Misery Loves Company in late October, Cool & Dre will shift their focus to fellow Epidemic Records artist C-Ride and his own upcoming debut, The A-Rab Store. The new buzz single, Sittin’ On My Porch, has C-Ride flipping through the usual hip-hop topics while carefully avoiding any common “hood clichés.” C-Ride’s ability to show off his love-it-or-leave-it attitude actually helps his lyrical delivery; a great characteristic to maintain early in a career. Dre’s assistance on the hook (where he talks of the great
, I mean Makavelli) and the beat make Sittin’ On My Porch a song that belongs on any street aficionado’s playlist.
Written by Burmy on 09/24/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.