After Joe Hound releases his debut Misery Loves Company in late October, Cool & Dre will shift their focus to fellow Epidemic Records artist C-Ride and his own upcoming debut, The A-Rab Store. The new buzz single, Sittin’ On My Porch, has C-Ride flipping through the usual hip-hop topics while carefully avoiding any common “hood clichés.” C-Ride’s ability to show off his love-it-or-leave-it attitude actually helps his lyrical delivery; a great characteristic to maintain early in a career. Dre’s assistance on the hook (where he talks of the great
, I mean Makavelli) and the beat make Sittin’ On My Porch a song that belongs on any street aficionado’s playlist.
Written by Burmy on 09/24/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.