After Joe Hound releases his debut Misery Loves Company in late October, Cool & Dre will shift their focus to fellow Epidemic Records artist C-Ride and his own upcoming debut, The A-Rab Store. The new buzz single, Sittin’ On My Porch, has C-Ride flipping through the usual hip-hop topics while carefully avoiding any common “hood clichés.” C-Ride’s ability to show off his love-it-or-leave-it attitude actually helps his lyrical delivery; a great characteristic to maintain early in a career. Dre’s assistance on the hook (where he talks of the great
, I mean Makavelli) and the beat make Sittin’ On My Porch a song that belongs on any street aficionado’s playlist.
Written by Burmy on 09/24/07
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.