With all due respect to Trick Daddy, ten years ago you’d be hard pressed to name a rapper from Miami. But fast forward to 2009 and Miami-Dade County is one of the most powerful locales in hip-hop, serving as homebase to some of the game’s biggest names and routinely turning out new artists. Riding this wave of Miami love is C-Ride, an always hard rapper who wants everyone to know that he’s Straight Out of Carol City. A street release designed to hold fans over until his debut album drops, Carol City is a soulful banger featuring production from fellow Floridians Cool & Dre and a verse from none other than Ricky Ross (let’s hope he can manage to stay onstage for any live performances). Does Carol City prove that C-Ride has what it takes to be Miami’s next rap star? That’s up to the Booth will to decide. C-Ride’s debut album Automatic Vibe does not currently have a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/7/09
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.