With all due respect to Trick Daddy, ten years ago you’d be hard pressed to name a rapper from Miami. But fast forward to 2009 and Miami-Dade County is one of the most powerful locales in hip-hop, serving as homebase to some of the game’s biggest names and routinely turning out new artists. Riding this wave of Miami love is C-Ride, an always hard rapper who wants everyone to know that he’s Straight Out of Carol City. A street release designed to hold fans over until his debut album drops, Carol City is a soulful banger featuring production from fellow Floridians Cool & Dre and a verse from none other than Ricky Ross (let’s hope he can manage to stay onstage for any live performances). Does Carol City prove that C-Ride has what it takes to be Miami’s next rap star? That’s up to the Booth will to decide. C-Ride’s debut album Automatic Vibe does not currently have a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/7/09
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/Epidemic/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.