Lil’ Wayne may produce new material with manic frequency, but even The Great Weezy cannot match the feverish pace of Brooklyn duo C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz. The two recently released Freestyle vs. Written, a twelve-track project crafted in just one day. The album’s current single, also titled Freestyle vs. Written, is a showcase of their lyrical prowess. Equal attention is paid to both sides of the lyrical spectrum: industry vet Walz boasts of his uncanny ability to be “spittin’ ’em free,” while Jewish emcee Dillz proudly confesses to transcribing his rhymes. Producer Kentron da Mastadon goes old-soul with his trumpet-spattered beat, which gives the indie rappers a tone that rings true to their old-school sound. If you’re looking for more from this productive pair, cop Freestyle vs. Written, which hit stores last week.
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.