Lil’ Wayne may produce new material with manic frequency, but even The Great Weezy cannot match the feverish pace of Brooklyn duo C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz. The two recently released Freestyle vs. Written, a twelve-track project crafted in just one day. The album’s current single, also titled Freestyle vs. Written, is a showcase of their lyrical prowess. Equal attention is paid to both sides of the lyrical spectrum: industry vet Walz boasts of his uncanny ability to be “spittin’ ’em free,” while Jewish emcee Dillz proudly confesses to transcribing his rhymes. Producer Kentron da Mastadon goes old-soul with his trumpet-spattered beat, which gives the indie rappers a tone that rings true to their old-school sound. If you’re looking for more from this productive pair, cop Freestyle vs. Written, which hit stores last week.
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.