Lil’ Wayne may produce new material with manic frequency, but even The Great Weezy cannot match the feverish pace of Brooklyn duo C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz. The two recently released Freestyle vs. Written, a twelve-track project crafted in just one day. The album’s current single, also titled Freestyle vs. Written, is a showcase of their lyrical prowess. Equal attention is paid to both sides of the lyrical spectrum: industry vet Walz boasts of his uncanny ability to be “spittin’ ’em free,” while Jewish emcee Dillz proudly confesses to transcribing his rhymes. Producer Kentron da Mastadon goes old-soul with his trumpet-spattered beat, which gives the indie rappers a tone that rings true to their old-school sound. If you’re looking for more from this productive pair, cop Freestyle vs. Written, which hit stores last week.
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.