Lil’ Wayne may produce new material with manic frequency, but even The Great Weezy cannot match the feverish pace of Brooklyn duo C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz. The two recently released Freestyle vs. Written, a twelve-track project crafted in just one day. The album’s current single, also titled Freestyle vs. Written, is a showcase of their lyrical prowess. Equal attention is paid to both sides of the lyrical spectrum: industry vet Walz boasts of his uncanny ability to be “spittin’ ’em free,” while Jewish emcee Dillz proudly confesses to transcribing his rhymes. Producer Kentron da Mastadon goes old-soul with his trumpet-spattered beat, which gives the indie rappers a tone that rings true to their old-school sound. If you’re looking for more from this productive pair, cop Freestyle vs. Written, which hit stores last week.
Listen to More: C-Rayz Walz & Kosher Dillz
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.