Lil’ Wayne may produce new material with manic frequency, but even The Great Weezy cannot match the feverish pace of Brooklyn duo C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz. The two recently released Freestyle vs. Written, a twelve-track project crafted in just one day. The album’s current single, also titled Freestyle vs. Written, is a showcase of their lyrical prowess. Equal attention is paid to both sides of the lyrical spectrum: industry vet Walz boasts of his uncanny ability to be “spittin’ ’em free,” while Jewish emcee Dillz proudly confesses to transcribing his rhymes. Producer Kentron da Mastadon goes old-soul with his trumpet-spattered beat, which gives the indie rappers a tone that rings true to their old-school sound. If you’re looking for more from this productive pair, cop Freestyle vs. Written, which hit stores last week.
Listen to More: C-Rayz Walz & Kosher Dillz Written by Carly
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.