If you’re like me you know C-Rayz Walz from his schizophrenically creative Def Jux days, or his work with Kosha Dillz on Freestyle vs. Written. Or, if you’re not like me at all (probably a good thing), Walz’ DJBooth debut track Catching the Strange is your first introduction to the man. Regardless, you’re in for something completely different. In typical Walz fashion the production is purely underground, thanks to a piano-line meets banging percussion beat from Falside, and the lyrics are alternately supremely dope and almost incomprehensible. I can’t be the only one who doesn’t understand what the hell “I miss my Tina Turner go pop / music like Ike / push another day like strangers in the night” means, but when you’re listening to Walz, you sometimes have to just let go and enjoy the ride. If you’re the kind of person who embraces the strange, be sure to give C-Rayz’ upcoming mixtape Dollars Make Change a big fat hug when it drops… sometime later this year, probably.
Listen to More: C-Rayz Walz Written by Nathan S.
SUNCYCLE ENT/ Real Talk Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.