An up-and-coming emcee and buzzmaking artist from the increasingly hailed city of Sacramento, C-Plus (who The DJBooth connoisseurs will recognize from his last release Callin’ Me), has joined forced with the consummately versatile producer Lee Bannon to create a brand new collaborative EP. The inaugural leak off the DJBooth-sponsored street release, In My Groove finds Bannon slicing and dicing a plaintive soul sample guaranteed to set many a head to nodding as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive verses. How aggressive? Try on “Fast money and jewelry is what we dying for / wakin up in cold sweats to dreams of dyin’ poor” for size. For more, check out C Plus and Bannon’s Young Champions EP when it hits our mixtape page March 6. In addition, Lee Bannon’s latest solo project, the Fantastic Plastic EP, is scheduled for release February 28, and readers can hear more from C-Plus on Ski Beatz’ Twilight LP, dropping February 14. With a work ethic like that it won’t be long until we hear even more new dopeness from the duo. Until then, enjoy….
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)